Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Riding lesson

I had an interesting riding lesson tonight. Well the lesson itself wasn't abnormal, but after the lesson me and some other people ended up having to take a train back to Edinburgh instead of a car like we usually do.

There are 2 Edinburgh University club lessons before mine on Wednesdays, and I guess someone from the first lesson accidentally took the bag of the driver for the 2nd lesson, and then the 1st lesson left, leaving the 2nd lesson stranded because the driver's keys were in her bag.

Nobody could bring the keys back out to them (the barn is 45 min to an hour away from school) then so they waited for my lesson to finish. All 10 of us couldn't fit in one car so my driver took me and 4 other people to the train station (we got lost going there because the main road was closed), and we took the train back.

Then that driver went back to pick up the other people except the driver, who had to wait there until someone could drive back out to the barn with her keys. So I ended up getting back about an hour and a half after I normally would have, but the people in the 2nd lesson got back about 3 hours or more late, and who knows if the driver of the 2nd lesson is back yet... so that was my little adventure for the day.

In other news, all the spring break arrangements are finalized, meaning all the transportation and hostels are booked! That's very exciting. Final spring break schedule:

March 26-29: Ireland
March 30-April 1: Brussels/Bruges
2-3: Berlin
4-7: Prague
8-9: Budapest
10-11: Bratislava
12-14: Vienna
15-16: Munich

The Ireland itinerary is pretty much done, now on to the other 7 cities...

If there's any money left over that (unlikely), I'm going to Norway, and if there's money left after that (highly unlikely), I'm going to Venice and Florence. I have a month after spring break until my finals start (my finals are May 17th and 19th...) so I can travel then, or I can travel in the week and a half I have left here after finals. So there's lots of time. I go back to Maryland May 28.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of hostels have some amazing facilities and high tech amenities in their properties these days.

    Pousada Ubatuba

    ReplyDelete