Tuesday, January 19, 2010

M & Ms taste different here

I bought a pack of M & Ms and the chocolate tastes completely different. Lame.

Anyway... class today was pretty normal. I think society/politics and history will overlap a lot, which is good. It's cool to get different perspectives on the same things. The lecturer in society and politics today was Tom Devine, who's a prominent Scottish historian. We had some of his readings in history too.

I had my first real philosophy class today (last week was really short and just administrative stuff). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's 2 hours long so I thought it would be terrible but the professor is good, and he uses powerpoint slides. I've never had a philosophy class that uses slides and it's incredibly helpful. The class is a good mix between lecture and discussion (not that I followed any of the discussion...) and as long as I stay focused it shouldn't feel too long. It's only once a week so I'm done with that til next Tuesday.

After those classes I went back to my flat for lunch, started searching for a sleeping bag to use next weekend, ate some weird M & Ms, and started reading for my classes on Thursday.

I hung out in my flat finishing up reading and losing to Dillon in online Scrabble, then I was going to go out with some friends when my flat mates decided to watch a movie. I was really tired so I decided to watch the movie instead of go out. So we watched a movie, then I decided that I did actually want to go out, so I called my friends to see what they were doing and they still hadn't left, so I started watching a second movie with my flat mates. Finally people got motivated and we went out, and had a fun night at a bar with karaoke.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the National Museum of Scotland to check out an exhibit I have to see before my history tutorial on Thursday, then I'm going to try to get a ton of reading done, then a riding lesson! Hopefully that goes well...

1 comment: