Thursday, April 1, 2010

Brussels- Day 3

I added pictures to the blog from spring break, so if you want you can go back to the past couple entries and see the places I was talking about. There are a few videos too. All the pictures are on facebook now with captions as well.

Today turned out pretty well considering I didn't have a plan. I slept in til 8, but didn't want to sleep any later so I'll be able to sleep on my overnight bus to Berlin tonight. After breakfast and stuff I jumped on the metro and headed over to the Atomium, another symbol of Brussels. It's too expensive to go up it so I didn't, but I did walk around the park that it's in. It was nice, very relaxing.

The Atomium:

I spent about an hour and a half there then got back on the metro to the city center. I went to the Botanical Gardens, which were pretty small but I wanted to see it.

Botanical Gardens:


Then I wandered around looking for an internet shop. The first place I found was kind of sketchy so I didn't stay there long, but then I found a nice place and ended up staying there for 3 hours. It was soooo nice to get all caught up with pictures and the blog and everything. That felt really good. The best part was that it was a super cheap place, only .50 an hour! That's fantastic! The place in Dublin was 2 euro/hour. So that was a nice way to spend part of the day.

It turned into a really nice day after that. Still kind of cold, but sunny, and it was nice in the sun. I decided just to wander around the city. I saw a couple streets I hadn't seen before, and eventually ended up at the Grand Palce again. I took more pictures of it because it looked even cooler in sunlight instead of storm clouds.

Hotel de Ville again:



I had some time to kill so I bought another Belgian waffle (with strawberries this time) and ate it in the Grand Place while I people watched. Then I stayed there and read for about an hour. It was very enjoyable.

Another Belgian waffle:

After that I headed back to my hostel, which is where I am now. I'm going to shower, do some Berlin planning, then head to the bus station. Wish me luck on this overnight bus....

Oh by the way I do have a small cold but it's not bad at all. I think I'm already getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment